As part of the Northern Soul Awards 2018, we will be raising money for charity. Last year, at the inaugural awards, we raised hundreds of pounds for charity and we aim to better that total this year. In keeping with the venue for this year's awards, Manchester Cathedral, the nominated charity is Volition, an innovation in volunteering and employability. Volition bring cathedrals, civic leaders, partners and business together to open up job opportunities for local unemployed people who are Volition volunteers. It does amazing work. You can find out more about it via this link.
Prizes up for grabs include goodies like tickets to an event, a meal, or a photograph. Or maybe a mentoring session, lunch with some brilliant people (somewhere posh), and even professional help/mentoring.
- Lunch with Helen Nugent, Editor of Northern Soul
- A mentoring session with the former Northern Correspondent of The Guardian
- Two cases of Championship Beers donated by Timothy Taylor & Co
- Two tickets to the 2019 Just So Festival
- A handmade wreath
- A weekend away in the Lake District
- Photographs signed by Manchester musicians
- Tickets to Old Lag's Tour of Fleet Street (walking tour)
- Tickets to a show at the Royal Exchange in Manchester and a meal at The Rivals restaurant
- Dinner at The Ivy in London
- Two Fizz Club memberships and two bottles of fizz courtesy of Cracking Wine
- A signed copy of Gifts the Mole Gave Me by Wendy Pratt